7/12/08

Rodeo Reading




Karl likes books. And just so he's not mistaken for a nerd, he invented a thing called Rodeo Reading. This involves attacking a book like a bucking bronco and struggling it down, before it can kick you in the butt. He also invented a reading chant he's reciting during the struggle with the pages... (read to the rhyming rhythm of Sir Mix-A-Lot)

I like big books and I can not lie
You other babies can't denie
When that books's full of animals
A really good story it sure tells


This is mostly followed by a glorious victory over the last chapter. Go Karl!

Otherwise we're having a boys' day in, because mom's out there learning mad new skills. In a minute we're gonna go out though and buy some manly things like music, meats and mandolins. Alright, were not buying mandolins, they're not that manly either, but it sounded good with that alliteration thing.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Well, since my son has new skills almost everyday, I thought I should get some new ones as well. It's hard to keep up though. I mean, who knew that Rodeo Reading even existed? And he's already Sir Rodeo-Read-A-Lot...