3/24/08

Travelling To Hessen III


Our trip to Hessen is so last week, but I still got some pics that I want to share with you.



I was really bummed on our way to the local shopping mall when I noticed the sign for Europe's Largest Stunt and Action Show just a day too late. I'm sure that wouldn't have happened if Andrian had come with us. Karl would have enjoyed those roaring gigantic supertrucks so much.



Since the loud trucks didn't happen, I showed Karl the silence of the vinyard and pushed him all the way up the hills. It was pretty exhausting but I could witness amazing wildlife like the pictured snail for example. But again my son was sleeping as usual when there's important things to be learnt.



Another lesson kept him awake though: a history lesson. Whenever I'm at my parents house I'm trying to throw out some stuff. So this time I went through old exercise books from my school days (yes, I had kept them until then...) No time is too early to work on Germany's difficult past I guess and so Karl carefully inspected my national socialism learning materials. As you can see he totally broke into the topic.



On Wednesday he seemd to be happy to be back in Munich (that's because he doesn't know New York yet) and took some really long naps over the past couple of days. Maybe he knows that there's another trip just around the corner.

No comments: