I know dress rehearsals are not for public viewing, but since it's Christmas in Germany toDAY, here's Tscharlie (as Charly's spelled in Bavarian) getting ready for his first gig. He's still not fully in time yet during his lipsynching part. But hey, did you see the Spice Girls lately?
Talking about spices - I went to famous Munich delicatessen Dallmayr (established in the year 1700) to get a chicken and some last minute supplies. Well, He who liveth by gluttony shall die by gluttony. All my own fault to go there on the morning of Christmas Eve. So I was treated to some real Munich experiences. First I had to turn around, because I made the mistake to enter the store near the caviar counter where the wait was 20 minutes (NO I didn't buy any caviar, raw fish products for a nursing mother, you kidding me? But I overheard some fur clad lady bitch about it) and the cued crowd impenetrable. After I had entered the store through a different entrance I saw a young mother stranded with her stroller in a shopping crowd bottle-neck. After I returned victoriously from the produce counter she was still there. So being a stroller operator myself these days I used my massive New York City style Spiewak coat to block all traffic. Which didn't earn the young mother not some 'Oh sorries', but some sneers and a 'well, aren't there beautiful baby slings you can buy these days?'. A general sentiment confirmed by Fred who noticed that the majority of the people helpful to young mothers with strollers tend to be not Germans.
But back to the usual spirit of the holidays: I did get the chicken and the quail eggs and the smoked ham and now we're about to pig out while Karl is watching the new feather mobile Fred made for him, which about hypnotizes him everytime there is a faint breeze making the feathers move in unison.
No comments:
Post a Comment