
Today was really hot. Like superhot. It was actually so hot that I decided not to go hang out at the river like we've done on Sunday and yesterday, because we would have suffered a heat stroke. So we had a great time in our lovely courtyard. But hey, there's water, too. It just comes from a hose. The begging for refills for the watering can was an excellent opportunity to to teach Karl the right use of the word bitte (please). He actually already uses it, but mostly in weird combinations, like with Hase (rabbit), Bär (bear) or similar. That's pretty cute too though.
When I was over the whole sandbox thing after a while, I had Karl sweep the courtyard. It's so great that those little boys can make themselves useful now...
5/26/09
Courtyard Sun Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
While being away in another European country I checked out the local dictionaries. You look up "cute" and there he is again - Karl!
Glad he got a job though. So he learns the value of toiling and laboring.
Gotta start 'em early on the chores!
Tobin helps feed the cat and throws out his own diapers, but his favorite thing is pretend-mopping the floor. No water yet, for obvious reasons.
The good cleaning habits stop around age 3 though, so enjoy it while it lasts ;-)
Post a Comment