
Yesterday Tina, Theo, baby Johan, Karl and I ventured out to the zoo to check out ten day old elephant baby girl Jamuna Toni. Luckily we got there sort of early, because she seems to be getting tons of visitors these days. She is after all the first elephant baby at the Tierpark Hellabrunn in the past 66 years! 
I told Karl she was his size but weighs ten times more than him which didn't impress him much. I guess she was still too small and too far away. Only the fact that she ran away from the animal keepers when they were trying to wash her sparked some interest.
As usual much more excitement was caused by apes and monkeys. It's always amazing to see our little half monkeys in front of the real ones. Unbelievable that there's actually people who deny evolution since this is clearly where we're coming from.
On a different note: Many thanks to everybody for all your holiday whishes and a happy New Year 2010!
12/31/09
It's A Girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment